Don’t Let Domestic Violence Charges Ruin Your Life
Why Work With A Former Prosecutor
Fortunately, there may be multiple ways to challenge the charges. You might have a claim of self-defense or defense of others. Or you may be able to get key evidence thrown out on legal grounds.
However, it can be difficult — if not impossible — to pursue these strategies on your own. Instead, protect your future by enlisting the help of our legal team at Rowdy G. Williams Law Firm P.C. in Terre Haute. Our criminal defense attorneys have a long history of success in battling criminal charges. As a former deputy prosecutor, attorney Rowdy Williams knows how to look at these cases from all angles, which translates to better strategies for success.
Get the peace of mind that comes with having an experienced lawyer on your side: Call 812-232-7400 or 317-489-0310. Your initial consultation is free.
Understanding The Charges
Domestic violence is not its own criminal charge in Indiana. Instead, the law establishes multiple charges that address different situations, including:
- Domestic battery, which involves physical contact that causes injury
- Aggravated domestic battery, which involves serious or life-threatening injuries
- Criminal stalking, which involves repeated harassment, intimidation or threats
- Criminal confinement and kidnapping, which involve forcible restraint or relocation
- Rape and sexual battery, which include any nonconsensual sexual contact
- Child abuse involving the use of force
These charges may involve a spouse, romantic partner, ex-spouse or partner, child, roommate or other family member. We handle all types of criminal charges. Learn more by getting in touch with our legal team today.